The Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award 2020 is an industry and occupation-based award.
The award covers:
- employers in the industry of the provision of plumbing and/or fire sprinkler fitting services by contract and their employees in the classifications listed in Schedule B of the award
- employers with respect to their employees engaged in the occupations of plumbing and/or fire sprinkler fitting classifications within Schedule B of the award and to those employees.
The award does not cover:
- an employer bound by a modern industry award that contains plumbing and fire sprinkler fitting classifications
- employees excluded from award coverage by the Fair Work Act 2009
- employees who are covered by a modern enterprise award or an enterprise instrument
- employees who are covered by a State reference public sector modern award, or a State reference public sector transitional award.
Fields of work
The fields of work covered by the award are defined as:
- sanitary plumbing/water supply/drainage
- roofing and cladding
- mechanical services (including air-conditioning)