If you need to direct your enquiry to a building and construction government department in a particular State  or Territory, please refer to the table below:


Relevant state/territory government department

Australian Capital Territory (ACT)

Access Canberra – Fair Trading can be reached at


New South Wales (NSW)

Fair Trading NSW can be reached at https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/

Northern Territory (NT)

Consumer Affairs NT can be reached at http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au

Queensland (Qld)

Queensland Building and Construction Commission can be reached at https://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au/

South Australia (SA)

Consumer and Business Services can be reached at http://www.cbs.sa.gov.au

Tasmania (Tas)

Consumer Building and Occupational Services can be reached at https://www.cbos.tas.gov.au/

Victoria (Vic)

Victorian Building Authority can be reached at https://www.vba.vic.gov.au/

Western Australia (WA)

Building and Energy can be reached at https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/building-and-energy/