All union officials who wish to exercise a right to enter a site must hold a valid federal entry permit issued under the FW Act. You can check if a union official holds a valid entry permit on the entry permit page on the FWC website.
We have compiled lists to help site occupiers to identify officials of building associations who either:
- do not hold a valid federal entry permit
- have conditions imposed on their federal entry permit
The lists have been limited to include persons who hold executive, organiser or field officer positions in building associations whose rules allow for membership by building employees.
We obtained the information in the lists for the purposes of carrying out our functions under the BCIIP Act, including:
- Providing education, assistance and advice
- Promoting and monitoring compliance with designated building laws
- Promoting productive workplaces in the building industry.