Do I have responsibilities?
The Code for the Tendering and Performance of2016 (Code) applies to building work when a receives at least $10 million, or $5 million (which is at least 50% of the project’s value) in Commonwealth funding.
A(WRMP) is required when the Commonwealth contributes to the project at least $10 million, or $5 million (which is at least 50% of the project’s value).
Funding recipient responsibilities checklist
Expressions of interest and tenders
- You need to check your agreement with your as it may require you to comply with certain Code obligations.
- You are encouraged to notify the ABCC as soon as practicable after release.
- Your process may need to be consistent with .
Respondents may need to:
- confirm they, and their , will comply with the Code
- not be subject to an exclusion sanction
- provide a range of information related to their workforce, relevant court or tribunal decisions and security of payment
- provide a WRMP if required.
Awarding the contract
- You are encouraged to notify the ABCC when the contract has been awarded.
- We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the requirements of the Code and report any breach allegations.
- We encourage you to make timely payments to contractors as delays can have down-stream effects on cash flow.
Download and print the procuring and funding building projects summary checklist (PDF | 237KB)
How the ABCC can help
Getting it right
The ABCC has developed model clauses for use by recipients to help comply with the Code. A WRMP model template is also available for you to provide to contractors. Notification forms are also available.
Need more information?
Visit the Government section of the ABCC website, or contact us directly for more information or advice about your individual circumstances: