- The Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC) was established on 2 December 2016 by the Building and Construction Industry (Improving Productivity) Act 2016.
- The Code for the Tendering and Performance of Building Work 2016 (Code) also came into effect.
- The ABCC is responsible for monitoring the provisions in the Code.
As you may be aware, on 2 December 2016 the government established the Australian Building and Construction Commission.
The ABCC has a number of functions in the building and construction industry including:
- monitoring and promoting compliance with the Act, designated building laws and the Building Code.
- investigating suspected contraventions.
- providing assistance and advice to building industry participants regarding their rights and obligations.