Job Benefits and Conditions
Working for the Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC) has a wide range of personal and financial benefits including competitive salary levels and 15.4% superannuation (including superannuation choice). The ABCC offers a productive and supportive workplace that is rewarding, enjoyable and safe for all staff.
ENTITLEMENTS AND CONDITIONS
Employee entitlements and conditions such as pay levels are contained in the ABCC’s Enterprise Agreement for all non-Senior Executive Service staff.
FLEXIBLE WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
The ABCC is committed to providing flexibility in working arrangements to assist employees to manage a work life balance. The ABCC supports arrangements for flexible work conditions through:
- access to flextime for APS1- 6 staff and time-in-lieu arrangements available for Executive Level staff upon negotiation with manager.
- flexible arrangements for staff with family responsibilities, including access to carers leave.
- negotiable part-time working hours.
The ABCC is committed to providing employees with a flexible leave package which allows access to paid and unpaid leave for a range of purposes including:
Employees are entitled to 20 days paid annual leave, with part-time employees receiving a pro-rata entitlement.
Personal and Carers leave
The ABCC supports employees during times when either they or a member of their immediate family requires care or support due to a personal illness, injury, or an unexpected emergency with 18 days personal or carers leave per year.
The ABCC believes in supporting staff that are approaching this exciting time in their lives. Generous entitlements include:
- 16 weeks paid leave for the primary care giver,
- Or four weeks paid leave for the supporting partner within six months of the birth of the employee’s child.
Additional unpaid leave options also apply. For more information please refer to the ABCC’s Enterprise Agreement.
Salary packaging is available to all employees at the ABCC, with the option to package items such as motor vehicles, fees to professional associations, airline lounge membership, additional superannuation and more.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The ABCC is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to enhance their skills and qualifications through internal and external training. Staff are provided with support, opportunities and assistance to learn through:
- internal on-the-job and off-the-job training programs
- accredited courses for required roles
- eLearning and online learning resources
- individual development plans that focus on capability needs
- department (tertiary) study schemes and professional development support
- learning programs that partner with professional educational institutions and academic bodies
- programs to recognise and grow talent.
All ABCC offices are closed for business from midday on the last working day before Christmas and for the days between Christmas and New Year's Day inclusive. This period is provided to employees as paid time off and is in addition to Annual Leave entitlements.
IBENEFIT EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PROGRAM
The ABCC provides staff with membership to the iBenefit program. Employees can enjoy significant savings, convenience and preferential treatment through around 400 providers and additional dining offers.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
The ABCC’s Employee Assistance Program provides a free and confidential counselling service for employees and their immediate family if required - 24 hours a day, seven days a week.