What the ABCC can assist with
The ABCC is the workplace relations regulator for the building and construction industry. This means we can help with issues such as:
- Employee pay and entitlements
- The rights of union officials to enter sites
- Industrial action and picketing
- The rights of employees to be, or not be, a member of a union
- The rights of employees and contractors to work free from coercion and adverse action.
We can also assist contractors who opt to tender for Government funded construction work to comply with the Code, including the rights of subcontractors to be paid on time for work they have completed.
In general, we can assist you with any of the above issues if:
- You are a building employee, employer or contractor, or a representative of a building association like a union or employer association, and
- Your work involves commercial, civil or multi-dwelling residential construction.
What the ABCC cannot assist with
The ABCC cannot assist with:
Issues related to safety laws - these laws are the responsibility of state and territory WHS agencies.
for immediate advice or assistance call our hotline on 1800 003 338. Our hotline operates from 7 AM - 6 PM AEST Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
you can email your enquiry to email@example.com. Remember to include as much detail as possible about your situation so we can assist you promptly.
Office locations & postal address
you can reach us at any of our office locations, or by mail at GPO Box 9927, in your capital city.
Level 3, 60 Light Square,
Adelaide SA 5000
Level 25, 400 George Street,
Brisbane QLD 4000
Level 4, 2 Constitution Ave,
Canberra ACT 2601
Jacana House, Level 7, 39-41 Woods Street,
Darwin NT 0800
Level 4, 39-41 Davey Street,
Hobart TAS 7000
Level 4, 509 St Kilda Rd,
Melbourne VIC 3004
Whadjuk Noongar Country
Level 2, 863 Hay St,
Perth WA 6000
Level 8, 111 Elizabeth Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
- GPO Box 9927, in your capital city
The ABCC may collect your personal information to assist with your query, action any complaint you make or for quality assurance.
For more information about how the ABCC might use your personal information, how to access or correct your personal information or how to make a complaint, please refer to privacy and personal information.
For language assistance, call Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) on 13 14 50