The ABCC provides education and training about Australia's workplace laws. One way we do this is to provide free presentations to building industry participants.
We can offer presentations online or in person – either on site or in your office. We can cater for audiences large and small, and will tailor a presentation to suit the needs of your workforce.
Some of the topics we can cover include:
- How the ABCC works with the industry to achieve compliance with workplace laws.
- The Building Code – what it means for you if your company tenders for government work.
- Wages and entitlements - how to ensure that you’re paying, or getting, the right wages and entitlements.
- Security of payment - how the ABCC can help subcontractors who haven’t been paid for their work.
- Right of entry – what to do when a union official wants to enter a construction site under a federal entry permit.
- Freedom of association – what to do if you or your employees are being pressured to join, not join, or leave an employer association or union.
- Unlawful industrial action – when you or your employees can, and cannot, stop work.
- Picketing – what to do if someone is stopping you from entering a site.
- Apprentices – your rights on site and when you’re getting paid.
To book your free presentation click the “book a presentation” button below. Once you submit the form, one of our friendly inspectors will contact you to finalise the details.