FWBC is committed to building:
- A work environment that attracts and retains great employees, has a positive culture and supports delivery of service.
- People who are committed to FWBC’s strategic direction, work well in their team, and are engaged in building their capability and skills.
- Leaders who model FWBC’s culture, are respected, and guide employees in delivery of the SoSI.
Employees can also address individual development needs through:
- on-the-job experiences to develop specific skills and capabilities
- coaching provided through team leaders and more experienced team members
- attendance at external courses, programs or events
- temporary secondments to other agencies.
FWBC also sponsors staff to attain relevant qualifications through accredited courses such as the Certificate IV in Government (Investigations) and the Public Sector Management Program. Financial and workplace support is also available for individual employees who undertake approved university study through the FWBC’s Study Assistance Scheme.
In addition to a broad range of existing training courses FWBC delivered two new programs in 2011-12:
- Investigative Interviewing and Evidence Management Training: developed and enhanced the skills and knowledge of inspectors to engage with witnesses and respondents.
- Emerging Leaders Program: designed to assist employees with the potential to be future leaders and/or expert specialists to reach their full potential.