FWBC has a single outcome and program as set out in the Portfolio Budget Statement:
Enforce workplace relations laws in the building and construction industry and ensure compliance with those laws by all participants in the building and construction industry through the provision of education, assistance and advice.
FWBC implemented the following key strategies towards achieving this outcome during 2011-12:
- Provide education, assistance and advice to industry participants.
- Conduct targeted educational and compliance campaigns.
- Conduct investigations into alleged breaches of workplace laws.
- Commence civil penalty litigation.
- Provide ready-access to information on relevant workplace laws.