Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014
The voting period for the ABCC Enterprise Agreement 2011-14 (EA) closed on 21 September 2011. Ninety per cent of eligible staff participated in the vote with 89 per cent voting in support of EA. The EA was approved by Fair Work Australia (FWA)on 4 October 2011 and commenced on 11 October 2011 (seven days after approval from FWA).
The bargaining process involved extensive consultation with staff through information meetings, regular staff email updates, intranet articles and a dedicated intranet page. Under the terms of the approved EA eligible employees received:
- 0.75 per cent sign on bonus
- a base salary roll-in of 43 per cent of potential annual bonus
- four per cent increase on base salary on 11 October 2011, 3 per cent on 1 July 2012 and 2 per cent on 1 July 2013
- allowances and assistance including corporate citizen allowance and healthy lifestyle assistance
- flexible working arrangements including a formal flextime scheme.
All Senior Executive Service (SES) officer’s terms and conditions of employment were covered by Common Law Agreements.
- one hundred and fifty-one staff under the 2011-14 EA
- nine SES Officers covered by Common Law Contracts
- three Public Office Holders.
Table 3.8 shows salary ranges for staff covered by the EA at each classification level at 31 May 2012.
The ABCC provided a range of items that could be salary packaged through the agency’s selected provider including superannuation and car leases. In the reporting period 14 employees elected to take this non-salary benefit.
ABCC had no performance pay arrangements in place in the reporting period.