What should I do before I apply?
Before applying for the vacancy, we recommend that you:
- read the Candidate Information Kit for information on the position, the application process and the knowledge, skills and abilities we're looking for
- visit the APS Jobs Website for further information about applying for Australian Public Service positions
- contact the Contact Officer, whose details appear in the Candidate Information Kit, to discuss the position, the selection process and the work environment
- read the engagement conditions.
How should I prepare my application?
All position applications, except for graduate positions, must include the information outlined below. Please refer to the relevant candidate information kit for the Graduate application process.
Your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should provide relevant information about your education, employment experience, achievements and abilities.
A good resume should:
- have a logical flow and structure
- be clear and easy to read
- be written in reverse chronological order (starting with your most recent positions)
- be relevant to the job you're applying for
- summarise your employment history
- include your education, qualifications, training and professional memberships
- include references
- include any additional information that you consider relevant to the role you're applying for.
A cover letter no longer than two pages
Your two page cover letter should be written clearly and concisely with the sole intention of highlighting your skills and experiences relevant to the job on offer. It should also explain why you want to work at the ABCC, why you are interested in the position and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role (please refer to the relevant Candidate Information Kit for details).
How do I submit my application?
To submit your application online, please use the eRecruit help page. It provides information on:
- registering and logging in
- emails and job alerts
- completing the application
- submitting an application
- withdrawing an application
- accessing previous applications
- technical difficulties.
How does the job application process work?
The diagram below outlines the steps that the ABCC follows during the recruitment process:
Job application process
- 1 Job advertisement
- 2 Applications close
- 3 Applications assessed and shortlisted
- 4 Assessments of applicants via interview / written assessment / referee checks
- 5 Selection made
- 6 Integrity check*
- 7 Job offer made
* Please note: All offers of employment with the ABCC are made subject to candidates meeting the conditions of engagement.